Friday, March 13, 2009

I'm a Christian!

We had been telling Tyler about becoming a Christian for as long as he can remember, but Geoff and I really wanted it to be his own decision and wanted him to really comprehend what he was doing. I would always say, "Someday when you think you're ready, we'll say a prayer to make Jesus the leader of your life." One day he even said, "I think I'll do that tomorrow." I never followed up since it didn't seem significant to him. Today, when we were doing our Cubbies lesson we were talking about how Jesus died for our sins. We talked about how Christians go to heaven and Tyler asked what a Christian was. I explained to him about saying a prayer to ask Jesus to be the leader of his life and thanking him for dying for his sins. He said, "I want to do that! Let's do it after we finish our Cubbies!" Cole of course wanted to do what Tyler was doing, so I led them both in a prayer to accept Jesus! We immediately called Geoff, then Miki! He tells people "I'm a Christian now!" I feel so thankful to have had the chance to be a part of it all! Thank you, Jesus!

No comments: